Starters and Alternators
Flywheels with two different diameters are used on Chevy Small Block, Big Block, and 90° V-6 engines. Large flywheels are 14" in diameter and have 168 teeth on the starter ring gear. Small diameter flywheels are 12.750" in diameter, with 153 teeth on the ring gear.
Because of the difference in flywheel diameters, Chevrolet Performance offers two distinct starter housings. Starter noses used with large diameter flywheels have two offset bolt holes, while starters for small flywheels have two bolt holes that are parallel to the back of the block. Most Chevy blocks are drilled for both types of starters.
Chrome High-Torque Mini Starter
12363128 Chevrolet Starter
- Chrome housing
- Gear reduction starter is designed for 1958-1996 V8 and all 90° V6 engines
- Compact design provides increased clearance
- Weighs only 10.5 pounds and has a gear reduction of 3.75:1
- Equipped with a dual bolt pattern for 12.750" (153-tooth) and 14" (168-tooth) flywheels
- Housing can be rotated to clear exhaust systems
- Includes starter, mounting bolts, shims, gaskets and electrical connectors
Note: Not recommended for competition use.
Additional Required Components: 14097278 (1) Bolt for Small Block applications; 12338064 (2) Bolts for Big Block applications
Engine Application: Small Block (except LT or LS engines); Big Block
High-Torque Mini Starter w/ Chrome Housing
Part Number: 12363128
Brand: Chevrolet Performance
FREE $50.00 VISA Gift Card!
On all Orders over $1000.00
On all Orders over $99.00