Ram Jet 502 Crate Engine
502 hp @ 5,300 rpm / 568 lb.-ft. @ 3,600 rpm
Make a Statement Under the Hood!
The Chevrolet Performance Ram Jet 502 crate engine blends the legendary torque and performance of the Big Block with a modern port fuel injection system and tunnel ram-style high-rise intake manifold. It’s a combination that offers uncompromising performance – including 502 hp and 568 lb.-ft. of torque – in a visually stunning presentation.
The unique GM Ram Jet fuel injection system stands 11 inches tall at its highest point and consists of a two-piece manifold/plenum assembly, eight injectors, a throttle body, and an updated MEFI 4 controller. Setup instructions are included, making it a simple, “plug-and-play” installation.
Supporting the Chevy Big Block’s style and performance is a robust bottom end featuring an all-forged rotating assembly installed in a strong, latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps. It also has high-flow aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with 2.25/1.88-inch valves, and the engine package includes an aluminum short style water pump and HEI distributor.
12499121 Chevrolet Crate Motor
Ram Jet 502 Tech Specs:
Engine Type: Chevy Big Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.470 x 4.000
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12363390): Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.250 intake / 1.880 exhaust; stainless steel
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12368082): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 1104060): HEI type
Throttle Body (P/N 17113524): Included
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum, short-style
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
Recommended Fuel: Premium Pump
Ignition Timing: 35° Total at 4,000 rpm
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,800
Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic™ 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
• The Ram Jet 502 requires a 12-volt power source (and ground), coolant, exhaust system, fuel feed and fuel return line (to the fuel tank). An in-tank fuel pump is recommended.
• Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
• IMPORTANT! For a safe, proper and trouble-free engine break-in, the MEFI 4 computer has a “green” mode that controls rpm during the break-in period. During this period, engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm in the first hour, 4,500 rpm in the second hour and 5,500 rpm in the third hour.
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
Chevrolet Performance 12499121 Ram Jet 502 Crate Engine
Part Number: 12499121
Brand: Chevrolet Performance
Additional $400.00 Discount Applied in Cart!
This Product Qualifies for the $10001.00 to $29000.00 Instant Discount of $400.00.
FREE $50.00 VISA Gift Card!
On all Orders over $1000.00
On all Orders over $99.00