Chevrolet Performance 12530283 5.7L 350 c.i. Vortec Truck Crate Engine + Level 2 Install Kit
Brand: GM OE Engine
Part Number: 12530283K2
Please Log in to receive
your Private and Specific
Please Log in to receive your
Private and Specific Offers
12530283 5.7L (350) Vortec Truck Crate Engine for 2500/3500 + Level 2 Install Kit
This O.E. Replacement Chevrolet 5.7L 350 L31 Vortec truck engine is found in thousands of 3/4 and 1 ton 1996-2002 Chevrolet and GMC pickups, Suburbans and full-size vans. All new from GM, it features cast-iron Vortec cylinder heads, a one-piece rear main seal, and hydraulic roller lifters. The 12530283 features 4-bolt main caps and is a direct replacement for 2500 and 3500 1996-2002 L31-equipped vehicles. This engine ships with our Level 2 Install Kit.
NOT designed for 1/2 ton (1500) applications, for 1/2 ton vehicles click here. NOT designed for marine use.
12530283 GM 5.7L Vortec 350 V8 Truck Crate Engine + Level 2 Install Kit
- 1996-2000 style block, 4 bolt mains, 1-piece rear seal (No fuel pump provision)
- Vortec cylinder 64cc heads (1.94" Int/1.50" Ext valves)
- Nodular iron crankshaft, Powdered metal connecting rods
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons (9.4:1 compression ratio)
- Roller cam (Lift .414" Int/.428" Exh; Duration @ .050" 191° Int/196° Ext)
- Includes oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, and harmonic balancer
- Level 2 Install Kit P/N PK57R2 includes:
- 1 - 88893990 – OIL FILTER ADAPTER GASKET AND SEAL KIT
- 1 - 10108445 – DISTRIBUTOR GASKET
- 1 - 19210338 – ACDELCO OIL FILTER
- 1 - 12632948 – THERMOSTAT
- 8 - 19256067 – SPARKPLUGS
- 2 - 12550033 – EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKETS
- 1 - 89017465 – INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET KIT
- 1 - 19303069 – PCV
- 1 - 89060527 – WATER PUMP KIT W/ GASKETS
- 1 - 12192364 – SPARK PLUG WIRE SET
- 1 - 10452459 – CAP
- 1 - 10452457 – ROTOR
- 1 - 12564763 – SERPENTINE BELT
We also offer this engine with our Level 1 Installation Kit.
1996-2002 Chevrolet Express / GMC Savana (G2,G3)
1996-2000 Chevrolet / GMC Pickup (CK2,CK3)
1996-2000 GMC Suburban (CK2,CK3)
1996-1999 Chevrolet / GMC Chassis (P3)
Note: 4 bolt mains. May require valve covers to be transferred from original engine for some applications. Service engine block contains English threads. When used for 2001 and newer vehicles, must also use 2000 MY starter/transmission/engine mounting bolts.
NOT designed for 1/2 ton (1500) applications. There are several differences with the heads and valvetrain in addition to the four-bolt mains. Drivability issues may occur without ECM calibrations. Warranty coverage is substantially less when the correct engine is not installed in your application. 1/2 ton vehicle owners click here for correct engine.
NOT designed for marine use.
Chevrolet O.E. Replacement Crate Engines include a 36-month or 100,000-mile limited warranty when installed in proper applications. Contact us with your VIN or vehicle description to verify warranty.
You save $1,106.16
You save $1,196.58
You save $5.84