Anniversary Edition 427 Crate Engine
430 hp @ 5,800 rpm / 444 lb.-ft. @ 3,800 rpm
Evoking the Legendary ZL1!
An instant legend was created in 1969 when a few enterprising dealers used Chevrolet’s COPO special order system to get the factory to build a handful of Camaros with the all-aluminum ZL1 427 racing engine. Chevrolet Performance commemorates the historic engine with the Anniversary Edition 427. It’s the perfect choice for a resto-mod ZL1 tribute!
Our special aluminum block casting is based on the original, and updated with screw-in galley plugs and additional features. An all-forged rotating assembly is used for strength and durability, while a hydraulic camshaft is used in place of the original ZL1’s flat tappet cam for greater drivability. We also use aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with large 2.19/1.88-inch valves for great airflow characteristics.
Only 427 serialized examples of this unique engine were built. Each numbered crate engine includes a special owner’s kit with an authenticity certificate, special 427 emblems and more.
Anniversary Edition 427 Tech Specs:
Part Number: 19166392
Engine Type: Aluminum Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 427
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.250 x 3.750
Block (P/N 88958696): Cast-aluminum with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 19171620): Forged steel
Connecting Rods: (P/N 19211226): Forged steel
Pistons (P/N 19171618): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
Valve Lift (in): .527" intake / .544" exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
Cylinder Heads: (P/N 19211799): Aluminum oval port, 110cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12361323): Aluminum roller style
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Distributor (P/N 19212081): HEI type
Carburetor (P/N 19170093): 770-cfm
Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum short-style
Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
Flexplate (P/N 12561217): 14"
Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
Ignition Timing: Base 10° BTDC, 36° Total
Maximum Recommended rpm: 6,400
Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic™ 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
• Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer
• Requires addition of starter and fuel pump (not included)
• Clutch linkage bosses are drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
• Comes with an internally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate; use flywheel P/N 12582964 and 11.500" clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
Notes: Supply is limited - GM is out of stock on this special engine and we only have one left! Call today!
Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long-blocks and Partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.