HT502 Crate Engine
406 hp @ 4,200 rpm / 541 lb.-ft. @ 3,200 rpm
A Big-Inch Alternative to Rebuilding
Don’t bother repowering your trusty Big-Block-powered truck with a rebuild or reconditioned used engine. Our HT502 crate engine is an affordable alternative with more power and greater durability, including a whopping 541 lb.-ft. of trailer-tugging torque. That’s more than the factory ever offered and more than you’ll get with a stock-type rebuild.
It is uniquely suited to pre-1978 trucks, but is adaptable to a variety of applications, and it’s built with a brand-new, latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps. An all-forged rotating assembly delivers exceptional strength and durability, while a mild 8.75:1 compression ratio is suitable for regular gasoline at all altitudes and engine loads.
Our assembly comes with the heads and a balancer installed. An induction system, ignition, starter, water pump and other accessories are required to finish the engine. All necessary components are available from Chevrolet Performance.
HT502 Tech Specs:
Part Number: 88890534
Engine Type Chevy Big-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 502
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.47 x 4.00
Block (P/N 19170540): Cast-iron with 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel, shot peened
Pistons (P/N 12533507): Forged aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12552296): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .480 intake / .483 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 204° intake / 209° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562917): Iron oval port; 118cc chambers
Valve Size (in): 2.07 intake / 1.73 exhaust
Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
Rocker Arms (P/N 12523976): Stamped steel
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
Ignition Timing: Base 4° BTDC, 26° Total
Maximum Recommended rpm: 5,500
Recommended Transmission: SuperMatic™ 4L85-E Four-Speed Automatic P/N 19300175
• Requires the addition of carburetor, intake manifold, water pump, starter, distributor and ignition system (not included)
• Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads for clearance
• 502 engines now have a mechanical fuel pump boss!
• Comes with an externally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate. Use externally balanced flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11" clutch assembly for manual transmission applications
• Designed for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications
Note: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
Chevrolet Performance HT502 Crate Engine
Part Number: 88890534
Brand: Chevrolet Performance
Additional $275.00 Discount Applied in Cart!
This Product Qualifies for the $6001.00 to $8000.00 Instant Discount of $275.00.
FREE $50.00 VISA Gift Card!
On all Orders over $1000.00
On all Orders over $99.00