LS3 E-ROD* 6.2L (430 hp) Connect & Cruise Powertrain System – w/ Manual Transmission
CPSLS6LMANEROD System Components:
Emissions-friendly Corvette and Camaro power for your project vehicle!
The LS3 is the power behind the Chevy Corvette and Camaro SS. It’s rated at 430 hp in this all-new Crate Powertrain kit, offering the lightweight advantage of an aluminum cylinder block, aluminum heads and a composite intake manifold over the heavy cast iron engines used in early cars. Reductions in frontal weight are beneficial to the overal balance and performance of your hot rod or muscle car.
Inside, the LS3 is filled with components designed for high performance and longevity. The aluminum block is filled with a sturdy reciprocating assembly that combines with L92-type rectangular-port heads to deliver a 10.7:1 compression ratio. A high-lift, hydraulic roller camshaft delivers a whopping 0.551-inch of lift on the 2.16-inch intake valves and 0.522-inch lift on the 1.59-inch exhaust valves, enhancing the LS3’s tremendous airflow and broad torque curve.
It’s all backed by the T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual transmission for thrill of selecting your own gears and a double overdrive to make highway cruising a pleasure. These transmissions are rated to 700 lb.-ft. of torque and are brand new from the ground up. They use an extensively modified transmission case to prevent leaks under high-stress conditions and increase overall power-handling capabilities. The exterior case is similar in style to the T56 for a fourth-generation F-body with stronger, high-capacity gear sets, input shaft and output shaft used in the Tremec TR6060. Kit includes shifter handle and Chevrolet Performance-logo ball-type shift knob to complete your install.
About the E-ROD Engine Controller
- LS3 6.2L (376 cu in)
- 430 hp @ 5900 rpm
- 424 lb.-ft. @ 4600 rpm
- 10.7:1 compression ratio
- T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual
- 26-spline input shaft, 31-spline output shaft
- Slip-yoke design, 40-tooth reluctor ring for use with Chevrolet Performance controllers
- New synchronizers featuring fine tooth angles
- Bolstered one-piece countershaft to resist distortion
- Re-designed shift forks
- Gear ratios: 1st-2.66, 2nd-1.78, 3rd-1.30, 4th-1.00, 5th-0.80, 6th-0.63)
- 33.6 inches long (approx)
More about Connect & Cruise Crate Powertrain Systems
The Complete Performance Package!
When it comes to factory-engineered performance and convenience, nothing beats Chevrolet Performance's industry-exclusive Connect & Cruise powertain systems. With one package you get the engine, automatic or manual transmission, electronic controllers and al the necessary wire harnesses. Even better, we deliver it for less than the cost of buying the components separately.
Our engineers matched the engines and transmissions for optimal performance and durability, so you can wring out every horsepower with total confidence! The specially calibrated controllers are designed for retrofit installations in older vehicles, for easier and quicker installation – and more importantly – operation without the need for third-party tuning.
Chevrolet Performance E-ROD powertrain systems provide the purchaser complete peace-of-mind with a 36-month / 50,000-mile limited warranty.
Chevrolet Performance pioneered the performance crate engine, so when it comes to performance innovations that save time, money and guesswork, we once again lead the way! All you have to do is install, connect, and start cruising!
NOTE: All components, engine, transmission, controllers and installation kits are ordered and delivered separately.
E-ROD Connect & Cruise Builders Guide
Each Chevrolet Performance E-ROD Connect & Cruise crate powertrain system includes:
- Brand-new, fully assembled crate engine
- Brand-new automatic or manual transmission
- SuperMatic™ transmission control module and harness
- Calibrated engine control module
- Two oxygen sensors and mounting bosses (for installation in the exhaust system)
- Mass airflow meter and mounting boss (for installation in the air intake system)
- Throttle pedal assembly (for use with the electronically operated throttle)
- Assembled wiring harness w/ fuse box and necessary cam and MAP sensor jumpers
- Oil pressure sensor that is compatible with the harness
- Instruction sheet
To facilitate a complete E-ROD installation, the builder will need to source additional components to complete the engine assembly and get the vehicle running, including:
- Fuel tank and fuel lines (re-circulating or returnless)
- Fuel pump – 58 psi (400 kPa) for all engines except LSA, which requires 65 psi (450 kPa)
- Fuel tank vent line from the tank to the evaporative emissions canister
- Purge line from the canister to the engine purge solenoid
- Air induction system that incorporates the mass airflow sensor
- Exhaust system behind the catalytic converters
Additionally, all E-ROD engines require a front-end accessory drive system suitable to the vehicle. The instructions included with each kit lists recommendations and Chevrolet Performance offers several configurations to suit different applications. Each allows the installer to easily delete air conditioning.
Chevrolet Performance recommends the LS1 Engine Installation Guide P/N 88959384, which illustrates basic procedures and offers helpful tips on installing an LS engine into older vehicles.
LS3 E-ROD Manual Connect & Cruise Crate Powertrain System
Part Number: CPSLS36LMANEROD
Brand: Chevrolet Performance
Additional $400.00 Discount Applied in Cart!
This Product Qualifies for the $10001.00 to $29000.00 Instant Discount of $400.00.
FREE $50.00 VISA Gift Card!
On all Orders over $1000.00
On all Orders over $99.00